Monday, July 14, 2008

The Perfect Fit

by Unknown
While I’ve learned my lesson about branching out with my fashion choices (pink shirt today, guys!), I’ve also realized that there will always be those wardrobe staples that, no matter how I feel when I wake up in the morning, let me leave home feeling pretty and confident.

My mom bought me my favorite dress at a little boutique in Australia. It’s cornflower blue, with pleats on the bodice and a sash at my waist. It looks simple enough on the hanger, but I feel so happy whenever I put it on. I’m kind of convinced it’s the “magic dress”, like the jeans in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants: something random and cool always seems to happen whenever I wear it – I found $20 on the sidewalk once when I had it on! With comfy ballet flats, it’s been my perfect outfit for lunch dates, big internship interviews, class presentations, going dancing, and lots more in between.

So, what’s your perfect outfit when you want to feel confident? Do you think that the right clothes can change your mood?