Monday, July 14, 2008

It's Time To Free Your Toes

by Amanda Falzon
Lately the weather here in New York has been beautiful. It’s been 70 degrees every day for the past two weeks. The temperature has almost hit 80 degrees! I definitely broke out the sandals and flip-flops already and refuse to wear anything else since I’ve gotten a pedicure. But being a New Yorker, born and raised, I know how crazy the weather can be, so throwing my very outdated (but very warm) Uggs back in the closet for storage is a decision that can’t be taken too lightly. But, I’ve put them away. I’m addicted to the warm weather now and my feet feel free. Unfortunately, though, I can’t say the same for others.
Recently while walking around my college campus I’ve noticed a fashion "don’t": short-shorts paired with Uggs. Now, I am all for keeping my toes warm, but I am not okay with furry boots and denim shorts. It doesn’t look cute, and it’s the end of APRIL! I’ve asked my friends what they think of this, and even they agree it is a ridiculous fashion statement and, for some of them, a pet peeve. So, girls, pack those boots away, go get your toes done at the nail salon, and check out the cute gladiator flats and sandals for this spring and summer. I just bought a pair of gold gladiator flats from H&M for less than $30!

Tell me what you think of this look: Are Uggs and denim short-shorts a fashion "do" or a fashion "don’t," especially for this time of the year?