Monday, July 14, 2008

No Sweats!


by Amanda Falzon
I recently just got back from a two week European vacation in Italy and Malta. It was definitely a culture shock being away from home for that long, even though I have friends who have been abroad for whole semesters. The food is fresher, the people were very friendly, and the fashion was awesome.

In Florence, I got to go to the Salvatore Ferragamo Museum! I had the time of my life. One thing I noticed though, and I noticed this when I was abroad in Paris back in March, no one wears sweats when they are outside. The style of dress is still very artsy and creative.

Women wear jeans but always dress them up with cute heels and a dressy top or they wear skirts and dresses. I even saw women riding their Vespas to work in heels! Men wear jeans with dress shoes, a nice button down, and a blazer. This was how they normally dressed. I was very impressed with the fact that the people put so much effort into how they looked during the day and it’s not just that they are trying to impress anybody with how well they dress, it’s just a way of life. I personally love to get dressed up and do it every chance I get, so while I was abroad I left the sweat pants back in the States. The picture above is of my sister Laura and I at the Ponte Vecchio in Florence.

So girls tell me what you think of this lifestyle? If you had the chance to dress up everyday and didn’t need a special occasion to do it, would you? Tell me what you think.